The Grand Boulevard Initiative Awards program recognizes projects and public agency plans in the El Camino Real Corridor that exemplify the Grand Boulevard Initiative Guiding Principles. There are three categories of awards:
- Visionary Plan - A planning document produced by a public agency.
- Public Project - Planned, under construction, or recently completed projects in the public right-of-way.
- Private Project - Planned, under construction, or recently completed development projects.
2016 and 10-Year Legacy Grand Boulevard Initiative Award Winners
This year, two awards were granted – a 2016 Grand Boulevard Initiative Award and 10-Year Legacy Award, which commemorates a previously awarded project as an exemplary legacy project of the 10 years of the Grand Boulevard Initiative. The Grand Boulevard Initiative Task Force presented the following cities with a 2016 Grand Boulevard Initiative Award.
- Private Project – Greystar, city of Mountain View
- Private Project Honorable Mention – Colonnade, city of Los Altos
- Private Project Honorable Mention – 6800 Mission, city of Daly City
- Public Project – El Camino Real/Arroyo Ave Intersection Streetscape Improvements, city of San Carlos
Recipients of the 10-Year Legacy Award include:
- Public Project – Centennial Way Linear Park, city of South San Francisco
- Visionary – Transit Corridors Plan, city of San Bruno